The Technical Interviews Checklist
Before embarking on an interviewing campaign for a specific job role the smart interviewer will be able to tick all these boxes:
- CVs reviewed thoroughly – Skills and experience matched to role requirements
- Employment gaps identified
- Qualifications and international equivalents checked
- Questions arising from CV listed
- Technical tests organised; what tests will be applied, who will oversee these
- Facilities for testing booked and assessors notified and booked
- Decide if tests come before or after interview, on the same day or a different day/location/online, etc.
- Interview room booked
- Interview panel/managers booked
- Candidates sent interview appointment and location details
- Job description/role profile to hand for reference (has this been sent out to candidates?)
- Questions to establish experience listed
- Questions to explore problem solving approach listed
- Questions to discover attitude and personality type listed
- Outline of career plan – training possibilities, future opportunities available
- Interview process laid out and, if more than one interviewer, specific aspects assigned
- Assessment criteria agreed and all involved in the interview process advised of these.
Now you’re ready to interview your candidates with a rigorous process that will not only stand up to scrutiny, but will deliver the best possible candidate for your needs.