Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
Founded at the turn of the millennium, my clients specialise in delivering their cutting-edge software solutions to the investment banking and capital markets sector, that include banks, hedge funds and exchanges.
They are looking for experienced Java developers to work on a variety of projects from small prototypes to multi-year business transformation and integration projects for capital markets clients. You will work as part of a close multidisciplinary team to analyse and design systems for their clients, covering various sources and types of requirements and constraints.
• Java 8 or greater
• System analysis and design
• Java services ecosystems (Spring, etc.)
• Java data persistence ecosystems (Hibernate, databases, etc.)
• Java messaging ecosystems (JMS, message oriented middleware, streaming, etc.)
• Continuous Integration ecosystems, including build and test frameworks and tools (Jenkins, Maven, JUnit, Cucumber, etc.)
• Agile development methodology (Scrum and its variants)
• People development
• Other JVM languages such as Scala, Kotlin, etc.
• Experience with formal architecture, design and requirements methods
• Experience with cloud ecosystems (AWS, etc.)
• Exposure to information architecture and user interface design
• Experience in consulting
• Experience in finance or capital markets
My clients are not hacking things together or building algorithms in isolation; they build real systems, and treat software as a craft that they approach with an engineer’s discipline. You follow the industry, you build things on your own, you tinker and hack, you read aplenty and attend meet-ups. You know that the technology landscape changes every few years and you retool continuously.
You have built things. You’ve seen the whole project lifecycle, you have delivered; you’ve seen failure and you’ve learned from it. You have developed the insight that will enable you to lead your team to deliver on time and within budget.
You have mastered a full technology stack. You know its problems; you know where it shines. In addition, your knowledge and experience extends to other technology stacks. Your knowledge of computer science fundamentals prevents you from reinventing the wheel. You understand the value of testing, quality, continuous integration, source control, and code reviews.
You are pragmatic. You get things done, you can find a creative compromise between an ideal technical solution and actual client needs. Working with my client is a challenge. Your peers will push you, and you will grow in leaps and bounds. You will see a multitude of technologies, organisations, and projects. You will learn a lot in a very short period of time. What matters is how good you are and how well you and your team deliver.
They are not limited by the status quo. We challenge boundaries, question assumptions and make transformative leaps.
Interested? Please apply below at your earliest convenience.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.